Saturday, November 13, 2010

Missing From My Camera Case


Killing a few minutes before a client meeting last Friday, I'm over on Driving The Flies to see if there are any bon mots from Cog and there are. A camera apparently ridden hard and put away wet.
That got me to thinking about some exchanges Cog and I have had, one in particular where I complained of all the perfect pictures I passed on my morning commute or ride to the grocery store or what have you.
"Just throw a camera in the back seat." he advised but me being me never does and takes in life's beauty with appreciation and a whispered "goddam I should'a listened!"
Walking through the living room, I chanced across a perfect picture. Boris, the inside cat was sitting on the sill staring at Cindi, the outside cat. It was a mirror image. It was a good image. Not LOLCat material since clearly neither were dressed in evening formal or smoking cigars or seeming to be singing Bohemian Rhapsody but a good image nonetheless.
Well the camera was in the next room so I crept back, got it and back in the living room, taking heed not to linger with focus or aperture lest the cats catch wind of my conspiracy I fired away.
Somewhere between finding the shutter release with my finger and the thing tripping, Boris bent time and space and reverted to the other side of the sill forever ruining the shot.
So here it is: Two dumb cats at a window. About as poignant as a discarded candy wrapper.
Clearly, missing from my camera case is a staple gun.
Bunny on.

3 Comments:

Blogger cog said...

duct tape works in a pinch as well.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Ericka said...

or super glue.

the dealership is in bel air, maryland. they're also known as jones junction or jones nissan. (should have probably figured that any dealership with an alias was going to give me trouble.)

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since I'm owned by 5 cats, the pictures make perfect sense to me.

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


visited 34 states (68%)