Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I Don't Get It

Friend of mine was helping to set up a baby shower for his grand-daughter last weekend and was asked what the theme was?

Pardon me?

Theme?

It's a baby shower.

Way to go. You've succesfully incubated a live human being, expelled it from your womb in a respiratory and semi-ambulatory condition and nurtured it to the point where other caring adults can assemble to inspect, admire and generally watch it spew most of its formula across the living room wall in a random pattern you hopefully will be able to pass off as nouveau stucco.

Theme?

Yep. Every shower has to have a theme.

Were I a parent, I suppose I would choose the search for beauty and meaning in a post-apocalyptic world.

Ok, I give. You know I'd fall back on Pooh and Eyore: BFF.

Bunny on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


visited 34 states (68%)