Saturday, August 06, 2005

Kitchen? Really?

OK, so I kind of knew that the big ugly jobs that involved sledge hammers and taking out closets and such would be first on the docket.

The astute Ms. Kathryn cleared that up for me. Thanks for the cold bucket of reality water there.

I was just kidding myself. A nice coat of rag rolled paint, stain and shellac for the woodwork in the upstairs hallway serves the practicality of nothing and no one. So it's off to IKEA to check out "Husker Du" or "Rolandtheheadlessthomsongunner" cabinets that are actually brand named after the Swedish word for "kindling."

Either that or unfinished furniture world and wash my friend Susan's car every weekend for a few years because she and her good husband will get me a deal on granite counter tops.

Damn, I thought I was going to get away easy but she's right. Where I do my cooking ultimately is more important than where I do my sleeping and, given my propensity to dirty dance with insomnia, I'm in the kitchen and living rooms more than the bedroom anyway.

But the bathroom's going to have to wait. Its done in mid-century disastro with a shower door that was one of the rejected ideas for entryways on Star Trek. Sorry Kathryn, I can only take one disaster at a time. Its functional and a few photo landscapes will take the edge off of the stark ugliness of the vinyl floor so its a project for the spring.

As far as cleanliness, don't worry. After an ex who hates housecleaning so we hire a service who hates housecleaning I've got a thing for the smell of formula 409 in the morning.

And now that I've made it as a link on two blogsites, it's time to get with the program, fill up the diesel fuel tank that runs the ISP server and reciprocate what I consider to be one of the higher forms of compliment around.

Bunny on, friends.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn said...

whoring oneself for granite counter tops is not such a bad thing, my friend.

3:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


visited 34 states (68%)