Sunday, September 06, 2009

Scattered Across Labrador

Short as they come tonight 'cause from my body clock's point of view it's approaching two a.m.

And my body clock is that which regulates and pretty much dictates that "man, I'm hungry for nachos right about now" or "Geez, could use a beer" and things fall into place pretty quickly or Mr. Body Clock begins to shut down vital functions.

More about flying across multiple time zones sometime later. Right now I am glad to be home with a good stiff drink and to be in a place where smoking is not vying to be an Olympic event.

Dammit, the only place in Europe where you don't wind up stinking of cigarettes is the airport. Most European airports are smoke free so Goddamit if you're going to go cold turkey in Berlin, London, Madrid or whereever the hell you may find yourself, head down to the local airport and don't come home until you've kicked the habit!

Otherwise, assume that once you've left the premises upon which your plane has come in on, you're going to stink like an ashtray. And that's not just me talking. I ran into a gent this morning, complaining that his clothes stunk like cigarettes. Won't tell you his name, but he plays in a band called "Daughtry" and of course I had no idea who he was other than a very nice guy who had a real good sense of his place in the universe.

He liked stinking of cigarettes less than I did. Cheers. Try hanging out in the Duty Free shop.

So we're home again, Thumper and I after a quick getaway. Once I get out from under jet lag (it's worse for me coming home) and the avalanche of work, I'll make sure to post something that might actually amuse or entertain.

'Till then, I still seem to be on a time zone more condusive to reindeer herding.

Bunny on.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ericka said...

i flew, last minute, to the opposite coast last week and it totally kicked my rear.

of course, part of that is being stuck in a tin can with a bazillion people and their cooties. i wouldn't mind the tin can if i was the only one there.

glad your travels were safe!

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I mind the ashtray-stench more than average, because I used to smoke. (waaaaaay back in the Dark Ages. When I was naught but a slender waif, and not a Mommy-person).

Nowadays I find it to be tremendously offensive.

I think I'm never going to Europe. You may have just saved me untold hours of jet lag AND thousands of dollars.

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


visited 34 states (68%)